This website has been has been built by the team at Bang the Table Pty Ltd on behalf of City of Kingston.
At Bang the Table we're keen to give everyone a voice, regardless of their ability or technical knowhow. We have incorporated expert advice to make sure that EngagementHQ, the software platform this website is built on, meets or, wherever possible exceeds WCAG 2.0 - Level AA, the current global web accessibility standard.
We also provide guidance to each of our clients to ensure their site's content also meets these standards.For more information on the City of Kingston’s Accessibility Plan. The City of Kingston understands the importance of accessibility for persons with disabilities. Since 2003, the Ontarians with Disabilities Act (ODA) influenced the City as a public organization to identify, remove and prevent barriers. The current Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), 2005, legislation will guide and ensure that both public and private businesses, facilities, goods and services become more accessible.
In addition to the steps we have taken to make the software accessible to everyone; many people are likely to get the most accessible experience of using this site by customising their computer to suit their individual needs. For example: to get the site read to them, to change its colour scheme, or increase the size of its fonts.
If that sounds like it would be useful to you, we recommend you visit the excellent Ontario Government site. It is a comprehensive resource with videos of how these customisations might suit you and covers topics such as personalising the web settings for people with:
- impaired or no vision
- impaired or no hearing
- language difficulties
- difficulties using a mouse
Let us know if you have difficulties using this site
While we have spent a lot of time making sure our software is accessible, we are not perfect! If you find anything on the site difficult to use please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
To help us get to the bottom of your difficulty in your request at a minimum, please try to include the following information in your email to us:
- The URL for the page you are having problems accessing.
- Details about what you were trying to do, and why it was difficult or impossible to do it.
- Details about your computer and software. If you don't know, maybe a friend, relative, or colleague can help you. If not, you can skip this part. Include:
- the operating system you are using, and the version; for example, Windows Vista, Mac OS X, or Linux Ubuntu 9.10
- the browser software you use to view the Web, and the version; for example, Internet Explorer 6 (IE 6), Firefox 3.5, Chrome 18.104.22.168, Opera 10, Safari 4.0.4, etc.
- If it is related to the problem you are experiencing, also include:
- any settings you have customized; for example, I set the Font Size to Largest in my browser
- any assistive technology that you use; for example, screen reader, screen magnification software, voice recognition software for input
All constructive feedback regarding the accessibility or usability of this website is very welcome and will be carefully considered.